Kabali Box Office Collection: Rajinikanth Starrer Mints Rs 28 Crores In North India
Second highest after 'Baahubali'
Rajinikanth has been flip-flopping about his political entry for decades.
New Delhi: Superstar Rajinikanth-starrer action drama Kabali is not only enjoying a successful run in south India, but in north India as well. The Hindi version of the film has minted Rs 28 crore in north India since its release.
Directed by Pa. Ranjith, Kabali narrates the story of a gangster's shot at redemption and how he fights for equal pay rights for Tamils in Malaysia. The film released on July 22 in Tamil, and was also dubbed in Hindi and Telugu apart from other languages.
According to a statement shared by Fox Star Studios, which distributed Kabali in north India, the film has become the second highest grosser for any south Indian film in north India after Baahubali: The Beginning.
Fox Star Studios CEO Vijay Singh said: “It's heartening to see that the Rajinikanth mania was not just limited to the south markets but prevalent across the country and that's visible through the numbers it has garnered in the north. We are proud to have distributed the film in north India, and I am sure that the film will have a long run."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- Ranbir Kapoor's Badtameez Dil Gets Sara Ali Khan Grooving, Watch Video
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- Counterfeit Xiaomi Products Worth Rs 13 Lakhs Seized From Delhi's Gaffar Market