Kabali Box Office Report: Rajinikanth Starrer Crosses Rs 200 Crore Mark In India
In its opening weekend, the film minted over Rs 100 crore
Image courtesy: IMDB
ChennaiRajinikanth-starrer Tamil action drama Kabali on Tuesday entered the Rs 200 crore club and successfully became the second film after "Enthiran" to achieve the rare feat in the superstar's career.
"It's the fastest south Indian film to rake in over Rs 200 crore at the box office worldwide in just five days. As on Tuesday, Kabali has grossed Rs 205 crore and this includes the three languages in which the film was released," trade analyst Trinath told IANS.
In India, in its opening weekend, the film minted over Rs 100 crore.
"In the domestic market, the film collected a whopping Rs 128 crore from the opening weekend. It's the best ever opening for a south Indian film," he said.
Directed by Pa Ranjith, Kabali narrates the story of a gangster's shot at redemption and how he fights for equal pay rights for Tamils in Malaysia.
The Tamil film has been dubbed in other languages like Hindi, Telugu and Malay.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mardaani 2 and Jumanji The Next Level Box Office Day 2: Both Films Record Growth
- 'Cowards': Hallmark Channel Faces Flak for Pulling Ads Featuring Lesbian Couple Marrying, Kissing
- Garam Hava Actress Gita Siddharth Kak Passes Away in Mumbai
- Bigg Boss 13: Kamya Punjabi Slams Madhurima Tuli for Insulting the Transgender Community
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages