Kajol Never Wanted to be an Actor, Says She Found Bollywood Erratic
Kajol, who has been in the industry for over two decades, says she never wanted to be an actor.
Kajol will next be seen in Helicoper Eela. (Image: Yogen Shah)
Kajol, who has been in the industry for over two decades and has featured in hits like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and My Name is Khan, says she never wanted to be an actor.
Kajol was on Saavn's new podcast Take 2 with Anupama and Rajeev along with actor Rajkummar Rao where they discussed the reasons of being in films, read a statement.
"I never wanted to be an actor actually. I didn't think of it was worth the money that was being paid out. I didn't think it was worth the effort and I definitely thought my mother worked too hard for whatever she was doing and however we were at that point of time," Kajol said.
The actress added that she told her mother Tanuja -- a veteran actress -- that she wanted a "paycheck at the end of the month".
Kajol says she found Bollywood a very erratic industry and acting an erratic profession.
Meanwhile, she is awaiting the release of her film Helicopter Eela.
Recommended For You
- Ali Fazal Catches Up with Game of Thrones Actress Nathalie Emmanuel, See Pic
- Bollywood Star Taapsee Pannu Gifts Jeep Compass Worth Rs 21.34 Lakh to Sister Shagun, Shares Video on Instagram
- Mumbai Police Flaunts 'Khaki Swag' after #SareeTwitter Trends on Social Media
- Have You Tried Solving this ‘Maths Meme’ that Has Left People Scratching Their Heads?
- TVS Young Media Racer Program 2019 Round 2: Has Anyone Seen My Footpeg?