Kamal Haasan's Sabash Naidu is Not Shelved
Kamal Haasan's movie is to be shot in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
A file photo of Kamal Haasan.
Chennai: Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan's upcoming multilingual comedy Sabash Naidu, currently put on hold for various reasons, has not been shelved, confirms a source close to the Dasavatharam star.
"Kamal sir is busy with Bigg Boss show. Contrary to some reports, Sabash Naidu has not been shelved and will be revived very soon. It had to be stalled when he had a leg injury followed by some unfortunate events," a source close to Kamal told IANS.
Last July, Haasan fractured his leg after he slipped and fell at his residence here.
The injury put him out of action for nearly seven months.
The team had made plans to resume shoot from last December.
"The make-up team from the US, which had to take care of Kamal sir's prosthetic look, wasn't available as they were on a Christmas break. Therefore, the shoot had to be pushed to this year," the source added.
Sabash Naidu, a spin-off on Kamal's Balram Naidu character from Dasavatharam, is being simultaneously shot in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi.
The film also stars Ramya Krishnan, Shruti Haasan and Brahmanandam.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nusrat Jahan Wins Hearts After Posting a Photo with Toddler Selling Balloons
- Janhvi Kapoor, Karan Johar, Gauri Khan Recreate Iconic Bollywood Looks
- Sara Ali Khan Almost Trips Dancing to Dheeme Dheeme, Kartik Aaryan Comes to Rescue
- Drag Shows, Books and Films: India's Queer Community Comes Together for First Rainbow Lit Fest
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles