Kangana Ranaut, Karan Johar Are Adults; Have Their Viewpoints: Richa Chadha on Nepotism Debate
Not too long ago, National Award winning actress Kangana Ranaut called filmmaker Karan Johar a ‘flag-bearer of nepotism’, which soon turned into controversy with both making statements against each other.
A file photo of Richa Chadha
New Delhi: Actress Richa Chadha, who's in the Capital for the ongoing Amazon India Fashion Week 2017, believes that even though people who're born into the film fraternity have a slight edge over others, one still can't undermine the power of talent.
"It is true that people who're born in the film business - sort of - get an easier launch. However, we cannot completely ignore the fact that they've lot of expectations to meet too."
"This is why not every star kid is a star. So it's a kind of mixed side," she added while speaking to News18.com.
Earlier this month, National Award winning actress Kangana Ranaut called Karan Johar a 'flag-bearer of nepotism' on Koffee With Karan and it later turned into a full-blown controversy. The two celebrities made public statements against each other.
Richa, known to voice her opinions on significant and thought-provoking issues, is of the view that the recent debate of 'nepotism', sparked by Kangana doesn't require anybody's comments. "Why should we comment if they're commenting and sorting it out? They both have their viewpoints and they're both adults."
"I don't think it's anybody's life prerogative to interfere or voice there opinion. They're both saying what they feel and believe," she said.
The actress walked the ramp for designer Rohit Kamra on day 4 of the fashion extravaganza.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Shares Adorable Throwback Photo of Anil Kapoor, Rhea and Herself; See Pic
- WhatsApp and Verificado: Understanding the fact checking tool that could be modified for India
- Cyberattack on Singapore Health Database Steals Details of 1.5 Million Users, Including PM
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karan Johar Are the Perfect 'Pouting Soul Mates'; Here's Proof
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli are Giving Us Major Relationship Goals; See Their PDA Pics