Karan Johar Apologises for Hurting Northeast Sentiments, Says It was 'Unintentional'
Karan Johar was given a headgear from Arunachal Pradesh to wear during the shoot of a reality show but he didn't wear it.
"...I would like to apologise if I have hurt any sentiments..... it was purely unintentional and came from a place of no knowledge which is absolutely no excuse. I am extremely sensitive to the different cultures of our land and I am very sorry," Karan tweeted on Wednesday.
You are absolutely right and I would like to apologise if I have hurt any sentiments.....it was purely unintentional and came from a place of no knowledge which is absolutely no excuse....am extremely sensitive to the different cultures of our land and I am very sorry.... https://t.co/7dgzreI90L— Karan Johar (@karanjohar) November 14, 2018
The filmmaker, who is currently co-judging reality show India's Got Talent along with actresses Kirron Kher and Malaika Arora Khan, often shares behind the scene videos on social media called Toodle.
In one such video late on Monday, Karan was seen pulling Kirron's leg, for wearing a traditional headgear, which was gifted to her by a contestant from Arunachal Pradesh.
Karan, too, was given one. But he had not put it on. In the video, Kirron asks why he did not, to which, the filmamaker, goofing around, said: "Because you have guts, I don't."
Several users on social media pointed out that Karan was being "disrespectful" towards the "Japi" -- a traditional hat from Assam -- which is a "symbol of respect for all the people of Assam.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Recommended For You
- Top 5 Android Phones Under Rs 20,000 to Play PUBG: Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro, Poco F1 And More
- India vs Australia: Pant Surpasses Saha & Equals World Record For Most Dismissals in a Test
- Reebok FloatRide Run Flexweave Review: Learn From The Past, And Listen to What Your Sibling Tells You
- River Plate Edge Out Boca Juniors After Extra Time to Win Copa Libertadores in Madrid
- Kedarnath Box Office Collection Day 2: Sushant Singh Rajput-Sara Ali Khan Film Picks Up Pace