Kartik Aaryan Opened Up About His Journey in Bollywood, Says Social Media Helped Me Become an Actor
Kartik Aaryan says social media helped him find his way into Bollywood.
Image: Yogen Shah
Actor Kartik Aaryan says social media helped him find his way into Bollywood.
"I think social media has helped me out to become an actor. It was through Facebook and Google that I used to look out for auditions," Kartik said.
"Because I didn't know anyone so I used to search for it, I used to type keywords like 'actors required' or 'casting calls' on Facebook and Google," he added.
Kartik opened up about his journey in Bollywood when he appeared on Karan Johar's chat show 'Koffee with Karana', which is aired on Star World, read a statement.
When Karan further asked if his parents approved of his career decision, he said: "Mummy, Papa didn't want me to become an actor."
Looking back, he said: "I would get rejected every day. Every day they would tell me I'm not fit."
Known for 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' and 'Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety', he will soon be seen in 'Luka Chuppi'.
Follow @news18movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos SUV Launch LIVE: Price, Variants, Details and More
- Anushka Sharma Recalls Dancing to Preity Zinta's Song Bumbro from Mission Kashmir in School
- PUBG Mobile: Helicopters, Grenade Launchers, Rocket Launcher and More
- Malayalam Actress Manju Warrier Safely Reaches Manali After Being Stuck in Landslide
- After Jeremy Renner, Tom Holland's Father Joins Marvel Fans Asking Sony to Save Spider-Man