Kate Winslet Claims She Has Shot in Tougher Conditions than Leonardo DiCaprio
Kate Winslet says she has faced harsher conditions while shooting her upcoming film The Mountain Between Us than her long time friend Leonardo DiCaprio faced when he filmed his Oscar-winning movie, The Revenant.
Image: Reuters Pictures
Los Angeles: Actress Kate Winslet feels proud that she got a chance to shoot her upcoming film The Mountain Between Us in tougher conditions than her long time friend and Titanic co-star Leonardo DiCaprio faced while filming The Revenant.
DiCaprio won the Best Actor Oscar in 2016 for the drama film The Revenant. For the film, the actor committed for gruelling filming locations.
However, Winslet says she faced harsher conditions while shooting alongside Idris Elba, reports people.com.
Winslet, who was not prepared for the freezing temperatures in the remote landscapes of British Columbia, said: "We weren't ready for how hard those environments were to actually work in. I've heard Leo say similar things about The Revenant.
"We had quite a lot of crew who were from that film (The Revenant), and they did go so far as to say that ‘this is tougher', which we were quite proud of."
Winslet portrays a soon-to-be married journalist named Alex Martin in the film, while Elba plays a surgeon named Ben Bass.
Recommended For You
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully by ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 vs Realme X: Battle for the Value Champion Heats up
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More
- India A Complete 4-1 Series Win Against West Indies A