Kedarnath: Gujarat HC Dismisses PIL Seeking Ban on Sushant Singh Rajput-Sara Ali Khan Film
Kedarnath, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan, is set to release on December 7.
(Image credits: GITS Pictures)
The Gujarat High Court Wednesday dismissed a PIL seeking a ban on the release of Bollywood film Kedarnath and said it was merely a "publicity stunt" by the petitioner.
The film, which stars Sushant Singh Rajput and Sara Ali Khan, is set to release on December 7.
A division bench of Acting Chief Justice A S Dave and Justice Biren Vaishnav dismissed the PIL that sought a ban on the release of the movie saying that it hurt the "religious sentiments" of Hindus.
Prakash Rajput, president of International Hindu Sena, had filed the plea claiming that the movie hurt the sentiments of Hindus as it featured a Muslim boy falling in love with a Hindu girl.
In the petition, he alleged the movie also featured kissing scenes at Kedarnath, a revered site, which also hurt the sentiments of Hindus.
Coming down heavily on the petitioner, the court said the PIL was nothing but a "publicity stunt". It also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on him.
Directed by Abhishek Kapoor, the movie shows a wealthy Hindu girl falling in love with a Muslim guide during a tour of Kedarnath in Uttarakhand.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Move Over Shane Warne, This Young Cricketer Just Bagged His First 'Wicket' at Lord's
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- How Dare Someone Constantly Make Us Soft Targets: Karan Johar Reacts Angrily to Drug Party Claims
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead