Kedarnath: Is a Set Worth 7 Cr Being Created For Sara Ali Khan-Sushant Singh Rajput Starrer?
Sara Ali Khan, daughter of Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh, is all set to make her Bollywood debut opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in the film titled Kedarnath.
Image: Instagram/ KriArj Entertainment
Sara Ali Khan, daughter of Saif Ali Khan and Amrita Singh, is all set to make her Bollywood debut opposite Sushant Singh Rajput in the film titled Kedarnath. The film, directed by Abhishek Kapoor, wrapped up the first leg of its schedule - a month-long shoot - in the holy lands of Uttarakhand and has now shifted to Mumbai.
While it was Sara’s looks that helped Kedarnath grab attention in the initial days, now it’s the film budget that’s making the news. A report in DNA states that a huge set, worth Rs 7 crore, has been erected in Mumbai’s Film City to provide an authentic feel to the flood sequences.
“They have replicated the entire holy city at a whopping cost. A model of the Kedarnath temple has also been designed," a source has been quoted as saying.
Since the film is set against the backdrop of the Uttarakhand floods, the makers wanted to shoot the flood sequences now and hence, the newly constructed city set will go under the water, explained the source.
The source also added that the set has cost producers a bomb as they were unwilling to compromise on their vision. "Building the whole set has cost them a whopping Rs 7 crore. In recent times, this is one of the biggest sets that has been created," said the source.
Recommended For You
- Pooja Batra Nails the Minimal Bride Look at Intimate Wedding with Nawwab Shah, See Pics
- Amala Paul Reacts to Ex-Husband AL Vijay’s Marriage with R Aishwarya
- Watch: Sleeping Man Doesn't Even Wake Up as a Snake is Rescued from His Kurta
- ‘Breathtaking’: Diver Describes Her Encounter with Human-Sized Barrel Jellyfish
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: There is a 43-inch Samsung For Rs 28,999 And a Fire TV Stick is Bundled With it