Koena Mitra Gets Lewd Calls, Files Police Complaint
Koena Mitra has registered a complaint with Mumbai police after receiving 40-50 obscene calls on her private number
A file photo.
Actor and model Koena Mitra is the latest Bollywood celebrity to be a target of lewd misbehavior. The star of films such as Heyy Babyy and Apna Sapna Money Money received a string of obscene calls on her personal phone, which soon numbered to 40-50 such instances.
According to a report by Indian Express, Mitra registered a complaint with the Oshiwara police station, and was waiting for the authorities to take action.
Mid-day quoted a police officer as saying, “We have booked the caller under section 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult the modesty of a woman) of IPC and are investigating the case further.”
If media reports are anything to go by, the caller was abusive and also offered her money for a "night out".
While the 33-year old actor has been out of the limelight for some years now, she first came to public attention as a model and went on to appear in music videos as well as feature films.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan to Quit Bigg Boss 13 Owing to Health Conditions, Farah Khan May Take Over
- Bigg Boss 13: Rashami Desai's Brother Blasts Arhaan Khan's Claims, Says This is Rubbish and Upsetting
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC Pre-match Conference Cancelled Due to CAB Protests
- Lionel Messi Rated Best Player by Algorithm, Cristiano Ronaldo Tied at 25th Spot
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'