Krishna Raj Kapoor Passes Away After Cardiac Arrest at 87, Bollywood Joins Family in Mourning
Randhir Kapoor issued a statement saying that Krishna Raj Kapoor died peacefully.
Krishna Raj Kapoor arrives to pay her last respects to legendary actress Sridevi at Anil Kapoor's residence in Mumbai. (Image: Yogen Shah)
Late filmmaker Raj Kapoor’s wife Krishna Raj Kapoor passed away early Monday morning due to cardiac arrest. She was 87. Krishna Raj, who tied the knot with Raj Kapoor in May 1946, is survived by her children, Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor, Rajiv Kapoor, Ritu Nanda and Reema Kapoor.
Randhir issued a statement saying, "I regret to announce that I lost my mother early this morning. She died peacefully."
The news broke when actor Raveena Tandon and adman Suhel Seth expressed their condolences on Twitter.
Other celebrities also took to social media to express their sorrow. Soha Ali Khan, Madhur Bhandarkar and many other members of the film fraternity tweeted their condolences.
I am so sorry to hear of the passing of #KrishnaRajKapoor The few times I interacted with her were so memorable; she was an incredible personality full of life and passion and with never a hair out place! She will be missed greatly. My deepest condolences to the family.— Soha Ali Khan (@sakpataudi) October 1, 2018
The last rites will be performed at Chembur crematorium, Randhir said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Airtel V-Fiber Broadband: 1Gbps Speed, 1000GB Free Data And Plans From Rs 799
- OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro Specifications Leak Claims to Reveal All New Features
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma