L K Advani Expresses Grief over the Sudden Demise of Sridevi
"Sridevi was an iconic star of the Indian film industry. Her contribution transcended Bollywood, since she also starred in many Tamil, Telugu and other regional language films."
The veteran actor passed away in Dubai on Saturday.
New Delhi: BJP veteran L K Advani on Sunday expressed shock at the demise of actor Sridevi, saying her contribution transcended Bollywood.
The Padma Shri awardee, who had an illustrious career spanning over four decades, passed away on Saturday night. She was 54.
"Sridevi was an iconic star of the Indian film industry. Her contribution transcended Bollywood, since she also starred in many Tamil, Telugu and other regional language films.
"In this sense, she symbolised Indian cinemas great role in national integration," the former deputy prime minister said in his message. He said that he is an admirer of many of the popular films in which she acted, both old and new.
The BJP leader said that his daughter Pratibha joins him in sending their heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.
Sridevi, wife of producer Boney Kapoor, died late in the night reportedly due to cardiac arrest in Dubai, where she had gone along with her family to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah's wedding.
Recommended For You
- Thank You Facebook, For Ruining The Instagram Experience: More Adverts Are on The Way
- This New Algorithm to Map the Universe May Solve Its Mysteries
- New Flaw Detected in Boeing 737 Max 8 Planes, Ban on Flying Continues
- Leonardo DiCaprio Draws Attention to Chennai Water Crisis, Kabir Singh Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s