Lara Dutta to Play a Single NRI Mother in New Film
The film spans an NRI single mother's emotional journey through the heartland of India in search of the anonymous donor who fathered her son.
Image Courtesy: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actress Lara Dutta Bhupathi in her second film production is set to portray the emotional journey of a single mother.
For the yet untitled film, Lara is reuniting with Vinay Pathak who had also featured in her banner Bheegi Basanti Entertainment's debut movie Challo Dilli.
To be helmed by National Award winning director Sushil Rajpal of Antardwand fame, the film spans an NRI single mother's emotional journey through the heartland of India in search of the anonymous donor who fathered her son.
Lara, a mother of one in real life, said in a statement: "We have been on the lookout for another story that had the same humour and emotional connect that 'Chalo Dilli' had and have finally found that with a script that National Award-winning director Sushil Rajpal has brought us."
"It is liberating and refreshing to pursue great stories and bring them alive on celluloid through challenging and lovable characters and most importantly to make people laugh and cry at the same time."
Talking about working with Vinay Pathak was once again, Lara said: "He is a fabulous actor and co-star, and I find it invigorating and thoroughly enjoyable to share the screen with him."
The film is slated to go on floors by June this year.
Recommended For You
- Deadpool Creator Rob Liefeld Takes Sly Dig at Disney While Confirming Deadpool 3
- Weekly Tech Recap: Xiaomi Redmi K20 Launch, PUBG Mobile Season 8, FaceApp Privacy and More
- Injured Shaw Ruled out of Tests, Agarwal & Rahul Specialist Openers
- IAF Pilots Could Soon Fly Tom Cruise’s Fighter Jet From Top Gun Maverick
- Sheila Dikshit, Former Delhi Chief Minister, Passes Away At 81