Lata Mangeshkar Still in Hospital, Doing 'Very Good', Says Family
Lata Mangeshkar, 90, was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of Breach Candy Hospital after she complained of difficulty in breathing on November 11. She was put on a ventilator.
Singer Lata Mangeshkar.
Bollywood great Lata Mangeshkar, who was admitted to hospital two weeks ago, is "doing very good", her niece said on Monday but did not clarify when she will return home.
Mangeshkar, 90, was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit of Breach Candy Hospital after she complained of difficulty in breathing on November 11. She was put on a ventilator.
It was not clear whether Mangeshkar was still in the ICU and still hooked on to a ventilator.
Hospital sources were unavailable for comment despite several attempts to contact them.
"She is doing very good. We are happy," Mangeshkar's niece Rachana Shah told PTI.
Asked when Mangeshkar would be discharged from hospital, Shah said, "Discharge time frame is presently not important. What's important is how well she is recovering."
In her over seven-decade career, Mangeshkar has sung more than 30,000 songs across languages.
She is considered one of the greatest playback singers in Indian cinema. She received the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour, in 2001.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- Mardaani 2: I Have Done It All in 23 Years of My Career, Says Rani Mukerji
- Salman Khan Opens Up on Leaving Bigg Boss 13, Says Part of Me Wants to Cut it and Throw it Out
- Airtel Has Three New Prepaid Recharge Packs With Unlimited Voice Calls
- BWF World Tour Finals: PV Sindhu's Title Defence Ends After Loss to Chen Yu Fei