Legendary Bolero Singer Lucho Gatica Passes Away at 90
Chile born legendary bolero singer Lucho Gatica, who made Mexico his home for half a century, has died, his family said.
A file photo of Lucho Gatica.
Chile born legendary bolero singer Lucho Gatica, who made Mexico his home for half a century, has died, his family said. He was 90.
"Bon voyage! I love you," his son, the Mexican actor Luis Gatica, posted on social media, together with a picture of a black ribbon.
There has, however, been no cause given to his death on Tuesday.
Born in Rancagua, Chile, on August 11, 1928, Luis Enrique Gatica's career spanned over 70 years. The Chilean actor moved to Mexico in 1957.
From his adopted country he won international fame for his boleros and ballads, and recorded 13 studio albums, the last one in 2013 entitled "Historia de un Amor" (Love Story).
"I'm not afraid of death, I'm very happy," the artist told EFE in an interview on the occasion of presenting his final disc.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Rats Can Now Be Trained to Play Hide and Seek With Humans. We're Not Kidding.
- Mi Smart Water Purifier Launched in India at Rs 11,999: Here's How it Works
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022