Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed For Joker's Role In Batman Villain's Standalone Film
Looks like Leonardo Di Caprio will be the next Batman villain.
File photo of Leonardo DiCaprio. (Image: AFP PHOTO / VALERY HACH)
Los Angeles: Warner Bros is reportedly planning to cast Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio as the Joker in the studio's recently announced origin tale.
However, no official offer has been made yet, reported Variety.
The Joker standalone film, to be directed by Todd Phillips, is also expected to have DiCaprio's long-time collaborator and director Martin Scorsese on board as an executive producer.
The actor-director duo has teamed on films such as Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island and The Wolf of Wall Street.
The two will next work on Devil in the White City and Killers of the Flower Moon.
In late August, Warner Bros unveiled two Joker projects the standalone Joker movie with Scorsese and Phillips involved and an untitled tentpole movie starring Jared Leto as the Joker and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
Recommended For You
- ISRO's 'Akshay Kumar' Fan Moment is Adorable but the List is Incomplete Without Jaadu
- Watch: Scary Video of Spider with a Human-like Face on its Back Goes Viral
- Neha Dhupia's 8-month-old Daughter Mehr Explains Monday Blues in the Most Adorable Manner
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully By ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More