Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed For Joker's Role In Batman Villain's Standalone Film
Looks like Leonardo Di Caprio will be the next Batman villain.
File photo of Leonardo DiCaprio. (Image: AFP PHOTO / VALERY HACH)
Los Angeles: Warner Bros is reportedly planning to cast Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio as the Joker in the studio's recently announced origin tale.
However, no official offer has been made yet, reported Variety.
The Joker standalone film, to be directed by Todd Phillips, is also expected to have DiCaprio's long-time collaborator and director Martin Scorsese on board as an executive producer.
The actor-director duo has teamed on films such as Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed, Shutter Island and The Wolf of Wall Street.
The two will next work on Devil in the White City and Killers of the Flower Moon.
In late August, Warner Bros unveiled two Joker projects the standalone Joker movie with Scorsese and Phillips involved and an untitled tentpole movie starring Jared Leto as the Joker and Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amazon Echo Auto Review: Alexa Steps Out of Your Home And Is Liking The Long Drives
- Tata Altroz Undercuts Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Hyundai Elite i20 by Atleast Rs 30,000
- Here’s How ISRO’s Astronauts are Preparing for India’s First Manned Spaceflight
- Akshay Kumar, Nupur Sanon Announce Filhall Part 2 and Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Street Dancer 3D Box Office Prediction: Remo D'Souza's Dance Film Might Wash Off Varun Dhawan's Kalank