Luka Chuppi, Arjun Patiala will Not Be Released in Pakistan
Kartik Aaryan's Luka Chuppi and Diljit Dosanjh's Arjun Patiala will not release in Pakistan.
Image courtesy: Maddock Films/ Twitter
In the wake of the Pulwama terror attack, Kartik Aaryan's Luka Chuppi and Diljit Dosanjh's Arjun Patiala will not release in Pakistan.
Producer Dinesh Vijan announced on Tuesday via a statement that he has cancelled a contract with the Pakistan distributor of the films, and that his banner Maddock Films will not be releasing Luka Chuppi, Arjun Patiala and Made in China in the territory.
The news comes a day after the makers of Total Dhamaal said they would not release the comedy entertainer in Pakistan.
These are a spillover of the worst ever terror attack in Jammu and Kashmir since militancy erupted in 1989. Last week, a Jaish-e-Mohammad suicide bomber rammed his vehicle packed with explosives into a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) bus on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in Pulwama district, killing at 40 troopers.
Luka Chuppi tells the story of a couple who decide to go for live-in and how their whole family gets involved with their idea. Directed by debutant Laxman Utekar, the film will hit the screens on March 1.
Arjun Patiala, a romantic comedy directed by Rohit Jugraj, will release on May 3.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inspired by 50s Puppet Show or Just for Appeal? Internet is Wondering What 'Howdy Modi' Means
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana