Madras High Court Dismisses Paternity Suit Against Actor Dhanush
Last year, a couple - Kathiresan and Meenakshi - had filed the petition in the magistrate's court in Melur in Madurai district in Tamil Nadu.
Image: A file photo of Dhanush.
It is a big relief for actor Dhanush as the Madurai Bench of the Madurai High Court quashed charges against the actor in a paternity row case.
Last year, an elderly couple - Kathiresan and Meenakshi - had filed the petition in the magistrate's court in Melur in Madurai district in Tamil Nadu.
The elderly couple had claimed that the actor was their son and that he ran away when he was in class 11 to pursue a career in acting.
The couple had even submitted his birth certificate, class 10 certificate and physical identification proof. Dhanush had approached the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court to set aside the proceedings in the magistrate's court saying that the case was aimed at extracting money from him.
On February 28, 2017, Madurai Bench had ordered the actor to appear before it to check the couple's identification marks' claim. Dhanush was examined by the Madurai Medical College to check if the identification marks matched. The actor refused a DNA test.
The report was submitted before the court refuting the couple's claim. The report, however, added that it's possible to remove superficial moles using laser technology but scars can't be removed.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Thanks Tendulkar For Writing His Profile in Time's 100 Most Influential People List
- How Ad Targeting Works on Facebook: Who All Have Access To Your Data?
- Chhetri Brace Helps Bengaluru FC Thrash East Bengal to Win Super Cup
- Ranbir and Deepika Again: Ex-Flames Walk the Ramp For Mijwan Fashion Show
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante Worth Rs 3.76 Crore Home Delivery in Hyderabad - Watch Video