Mamata Banerjee Urges TV Industry to Raise Awareness on Social Evils
Urging the television industry to raise awareness on social evils, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today gave awards to TV artistes and technicians.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. (File photo/PTI)
Kolkata: Urging the television industry to raise awareness on social evils, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today gave awards to TV artistes and technicians.
"Tele serials can become a medium of mass awareness. You can raise awareness about social evils," she said while giving Tele Academy Awards 2016-17 constituted by the state government.
Actors and technicians working in the television industry were awarded for their outstanding performances in production, programming, photography and technology, etc.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Doing a Bamboozle: Meet Astro, the Robodog 'Inspired' by the Human Brain
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Youtuber Finds GoPro Camera Containing Final Moments of Teenager Who Drowned
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy