Mammootty's Mamangam Leaked Online, FIR Filed
The Ernakulam police here registered an anti-piracy case on Sunday against those who are alleged to have illegally uploaded superstar Mammootty's magnum opus 'Mamangam' to the internet.
File photo of Malayalam superstar Mammootty.
The Ernakulam police here registered an anti-piracy case on Sunday against those who are alleged to have illegally uploaded superstar Mammootty's magnum opus Mamangam to the internet.
Billed as the costliest Malayalam film in recent times, the film was released last week in 45 countries.
"We had commissioned a team of 30 members who have now found out that the film has been uploaded to the internet. The details of all those who have done it have also been given to the police," said an official attached to the film.
This film tells about the 18th century Mamangam festival held on the banks of the river Bharathappuzha in the Malabar region.
The film was released on Thursday across 2,500 screens in 45 countries.
However, two days later, this film found its way into the internet.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- TikTok Star Puts on Modi Mask While Walking Next to Arvind Kejriwal in Rally and We're Very Confused
- Alia Bhatt Sends Kangana Ranaut Flowers for Her Padma Shri Honour
- Want Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web Also? Here's How to Enable it on Chrome, Firefox And Opera
- #RIPMamba: From Trump to Obama, Fans Mourn Basketball Legend Kobe Bryant's Death
- This Compilation of Kobe Bryant and His Daughter Gianna's On-Court Moments Has Left Fans in Tears