Manto First Look: Nawazuddin Siddiqui Looks Convincing as The Controversial Writer
Nawazuddin tweeted the first look from the film.
First look of Nawazzuddin Siddiqui from Manto is out and it makes us eager for the biopic of one of the most fierce story-teller of pre and post- colonial India.
Wearing the patent Manto expression and specs, Siddiqui looks every bit like the man he is playing. Manto, directed by Nandita Das brings to screen the story of a writer who was often tried for obscenity and sedition. Saadat Hasan Manto was a fierce man who lived on his own terms, with no care for social dogmas. He was irreverent and had an irrepressible desire to poke a finger in the eye of the establishment, often with sharp humour.
While announcing the film Nandita Das shared her long desire to make a film on one of his favourite writers and how his life caught her attention more than his work.
Rasika Dugal will be seen portraying Manto's wife Safia.
Recommended For You
- Chandrayaan 2 Launched Successfully by ISRO | India's Second Moon Mission
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- Was a Brazil Priest Really Pushed Off Stage for Saying 'Fat Women Can't Go to Heaven'?
- People Thought He was Married to Sakshi Tanwar in Real Life, Reveals Ram Kapoor’s Wife Gautami
- Farewell, Sheila Dikshit: PM Modi, Congress Leaders Bid Adieu To Former Delhi CM