Marathi Actor Sara Shrawan Held in Rs 15 Lakh Extortion Case
Sara Shrawan, also known as Sara Sonwane, is the fourth arrest in the extortion case that was filed by a fellow actor.
Marathi actor Sara Shrawan was arrested by Pune police's Crime Branch from Mumbai in connection with a Rs 15 lakh extortion case filed by a fellow
actor, an official said on Sunday.
Shrawan, also known as Sara Sonawane, is the fourth arrest in the case, he said. Shrawan had worked with aspiring actor Subhash Yadav and then filed a molestation case against him after their film got released, he said. "One of the accused Ram Jagdale tried to broker a settlement, as part of which Yadav recorded a video apologizing for his actions. The accused demanded Rs 15 lakh from Yadav in return for not making the video public," he said.
However, another woman actor leaked the video after which Yadav approached the police and filed an extortion case, he said. "Sara Shrawan alias Sara Sonawane was held from Lower Parel in Mumbai on Saturday after her anticipatory bail was rejected by a Pune court," he said.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shweta Basu Prasad Announces Separation from Husband Rohit Mittal in Less Than a Year of Marriage
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles
- Sonakshi Sinha on Possibility of Female Version of Dabangg: There's Still a Long Way to Go
- Couple in Tamil Nadu Receives Bouquet of Onions from Friends at Their Wedding
- I-League 2019-20: Srinagar Airport 'Inoperative', Real Kashmir FC's Next 2 Games Cancelled