Marathi Film Chumbak Selected for IFFM 2018
Marathi film Chumbak has been officialy selected for the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) that is set to take place from August 10 till August 22 under the theme of Inclusion.
Image: Hardly Anonymous Communications
Mumbai: Marathi film Chumbak has been officialy selected for the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) that is set to take place from August 10 till August 22 under the theme of Inclusion.
Directed by Sandeep Modi, Chumbak will be presented by actor Akshay Kumar.
The film, starring renowned lyricist Swanand Kirike, is a story of friendship between a 15-year-old table-cleaning-waiter-boy Baalu and his chance encounter with a 45-year-old mentally slow man Prasanna that forces him to make a choice between his dreams and morality.
Expressing happiness about the premiere, Swanand said in a statement: "I am really excited that our film Chumbak is selected in the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne and I am really looking forward for the response of Australian people that how do they receive the film.
"I am very happy that a superstar like Akshay Kumar has agreed. I mean he has liked the film so much that he (is) presenting the film now for us in India," he added.
IFFM was established in 2012 as an initiative of the Victorian Government and is an important part of the State's cultural calendar.
Chumbak is slated to release on July 27 in India.
Recommended For You
- Teen Driver Sophia Floersch Fractures Spine in Macau GP Horror Crash, Tweets About Surgery
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan Revealed at Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
- 1st Ducati Panigale V4 Speciale Superbike Worth Rs 51.81 Lakh Arrives in India
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too
- 'Enough About Ram': Can Ramayana's Sita be the Next Feminist Icon in India?