Marathi Singer Geeta Mali Dies in Road Accident, Husband Seriously Injured
Geeta Mali was heading for Nashik, her hometown, after returning from the United States when the car in which she and her husband Vijay were travelling rammed into a container parked alongside the road.
Image for representation.
Geeta Mali, a playback singer who had sung for some Marathi films died in an accident on Mumbai-Agra highway in Thane district on Thursday, police said.
She was heading for Nashik, her hometown, after returning from the United States when the car in which she and her husband Vijay were travelling rammed into a container parked alongside the road.
The accident took place near Lahe Phata near Shahapur around 3 pm.
Both Geeta and Vijay were injured seriously and taken to Shahpur Rural Hospital, but Geeta died during treatment, police said. Geeta had sung songs for a few Marathi films and also cut her own music albums.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Mardaani 2 and Jumanji The Next Level Box Office Day 1: Hollywood Film Leads
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Peeling Back the Days: The Year of the Onion – An Autobiography
- #DogsAtPollingStations: Here's Why UK Voters Turned Up with Pets for Brexit Ballot
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game