Marwan Kenzari Cast as Villain in Aladdin
Marwan Kenzari will play Jafar, the grand vizier to the sultan of the Agrabah.
Image: Reuters pictures
Los Angeles: Collide actor Marwan Kenzari is in negotiations to star as villain in Disney's live-action remake of Aladdin.
If a deal gets finalised, Kenzari will play Jafar, the grand vizier to the sultan of the Agrabah who wants to use the genie for his own nefarious plans, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Meanwhile, former Saturday Night Live star Nasim Pedrad has also come on board the live-action remake, in which Will Smith is playing Genie.
Mena Massoud will play the title character, a street rat who ends up over his head when he pretends to be a prince in order to win the hand of Princess Jasmine, played by Naomi Scott.
Guy Ritchie is directing the project from a script by John August.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma's Wife Ginni Chatrath Flaunts Baby Bump on Movie Outing
- Woman, Whose Rendition of Lata Mangeshkar Classic Went Viral, Records Song for Himesh Reshammiya
- RCB Rope in Hesson & Katich for IPL 2020, Sack Kirsten and Nehra
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990
- Android 10 Confirmed to Arrive on All Nokia Smartphones