Meet Shriya Pilgaonkar, the Girl Who Made Her Debut in 'Fan' Opposite Shah Rukh Khan
Sachin and Supriya Pilgaonkar are well known faces and celebrated actors of the country. Both have created a niche for themselves in the film and TV industry. Now, their daughter Shriya is making head turns with her performance in 'FAN'.
Shriya's role may have been small in the film, but the young actress has managed to create an impact on the viewers.
'FAN' may have been Shriya's debut film in Bollywood, but the actress is not new to showbiz. Born to actor parents have advantages as Shriya made her debut in popular TV show of '90s 'Tu Tu Main Main' which featured her mother and was directed by her father.
Shriya has been a known face in the advertisement world and has worked with Shahid Kapoor, Vikrant Massey for an ad.
The actress has also dabbled in theatre. She was recently seen in a play called 'Internal Affairs'.
Before making her debut in Hindi films, Shriya has been a part of a French film called 'Un plus une' which also featured Oscar winning actor Jean Dujardin.
The young actress, much like her father, is keen on direction as well and has directed a few short films.
Shriya has also done a Marathi film called 'Ekulti Ek' which was directed by her father, Sachin.
For 'FAN', Shriya had to audition along with 750 other girls before Maneesh Sharma selected her for the role.
She is also a trained Kathak dancer.
A reader, Shriya is a fan of detective novels and bonded with SRK on the sets of 'FAN" over books and films.
With just one film, Shriya has managed to make head turn and we are now looking forward to see her in more films in future.
Recommended For You
- Brahmastra: Leaked Set Photos Show Alia Bhatt Miffed While Ranbir Kapoor is Busy on His Phone
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Apologies to Salman After Teejay Took Dig at the Actor in Open Letter
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan Revealed at Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
- Bohemian Rhapsody Movie Review: Rami Malek Effectively Captures Freddie Mercury's Pain
- Midnight Snack: This City Has the Most Bed Bugs in the US, Sleep Tight