Meghan Markle Quits Her Role in Suits Post Royal Engagement
A day after the actress said she was leaving her acting career behind to start a new life with Prince Harry following their engagement news, USA Network and Universal Cable Productions put out a statement confirming her departure
Mumbai: Actress Meghan Markle, who has got engaged to British royal Prince Harry, has wrapped up her role in the legal drama 'Suits', production companies behind the show have announced.
A day after the actress said she was leaving her acting career behind to start a new life with Prince Harry following their engagement news, USA Network and Universal Cable Productions put out a statement confirming her departure, reports mirror.co.uk.
Markle, 36, played Rachel Zane in the series, rising up the ranks from paralegal to lawyer. The character is engaged to be married to Mike Ross, played by Patrick J. Adams.
The star has completed all her filming for the seventh season, which will return in early 2018, the network said.
"We want to send our most heartfelt congratulations to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry on their engagement," USA Network and Universal Cable Productions, both units of Comcast Corp, said in a joint statement.
"Meghan has been a member of our family for seven years and it has been a joy to work with her. We want to thank her for her undeniable passion and dedication to Suits, and we wish her the very best," the statement added.
Recommended For You
- Show Your True Colors With These Catwalk-approved Alternatives To Red Lipstick
- Schweinsteiger And Wife Ivanovic Celebrate Birth of First Child
- Beyonce Glitters in a Golden Gown by Indian Designers Falguni Shane Peacock
- Stephen Hawking's Last Research Paper Could Prove The Existence of Multiple Universes
- Self-driving Uber Car Kills Arizona Woman Crossing Street