Mel B Under Criminal Investigation For Witness Tampering
Mel B accused for witness tampering.
Image: Getty Images
London: Singer Mel B has been accused of intimidating a witness who was prepared to testify against her in her bitter divorce battle with estranged husband Stephen Belafonte.
Police is now investigating the matter.
Rapper Siya filed a police report on Monday, claiming that Mel B sent her texts on September 9 threatening her if Siya dared testify against her, according to law enforcement sources.
According to the website, Siya showed police the text messages and a felony witness intimidation case was opened.
Siya was prepared to contradict Mel B and testify Belafonte never physically abused his wife. Siya claims she was a close friend of both Mel B and Belafonte.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- After Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar Accused of Supporting Aarey Forest Destruction
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius