Mel Gibson Tapped To Direct Upcoming World War II Film
Mel Gibson might also star in The Six Billion Dollar Man along with actor Mark Wahlberg
Image courtesy: REUTERS/Alessandro Bianchi
Actor-director Mel Gibson will direct World War II drama Destroyer.
This will be his first directorial since he received an Oscar nomination for the 2016 film Hacksaw Ridge, reports variety.com.
Destroyer is being produced at Gianni Nunnari's Hollywood Gang Productions. It's based on the John Wukovits book Hell From the Heavens: The Epic Story of the USS Laffey and World War II's Greatest Kamikaze Attack.
Rosalind Ross wrote the script, which centers on the Battle of Okinawa in April 1945 when the ship withstood multiple kamikaze attacks and earned the nickname The Ship That Would Not Die. Wukovitz used personal interviews with survivors, the memoirs of crew members and sailors' wartime correspondence to construct the story.
Gibson might also star in The Six Billion Dollar Man along with actor Mark Wahlberg.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- DDCA to Name Stand After Virat Kohli in Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know