#MeToo Movement Will Work Only If We Start Listening to Victims: Sushmita Sen
As a part of society, people should listen to victims' stories and not judge them, says Sushmita Sen.
Image credits: Yogen Shah
The #MeToo movement will work only if people listen to the victims, says actress and former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen.
Sushmita, who is known for raising her voice for social issues, told IANS here: "Though the (#MeToo) movement is copied from the West, it doesn't mean we will overlook it. It feels great that women are coming out and speaking about the harassment.
"As a part of society, people should listen to their stories and not judge them. Instead of ignoring them, we should encourage them. This movement will work only if we start listening to the victims. "
The 42-year-old was in the capital to walk the ramp as a showstopper for designers Bhumika and Jyoti at the Lotus Make-Up India Fashion Week on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Hours After Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Telangana Farmhouse, Police Hint at Case of Suicide
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year