Modi Biopic: EC Submits Sealed Report on Vivek Oberoi Film to SC
The Supreme Court on Monday received in a sealed envelope the Election Commission's report on 'PM Narendra Modi'.
A file photo of the Supreme Court. (PTI)
The Supreme Court on Monday received in a sealed envelope the Election Commission's report on PM Narendra Modi, a biopic, after the movie's producers cried foul that the poll panel barred the film's release without even watching it.
The movie on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's journey right from his childhood to him becoming the Prime Minister, has been waiting for clearance to be released after the EC issued an order barring the screening of political films during the Lok Sabha elections.
The top court on Monday directed that the EC report should be served to the petitioner -- the film producers.
The apex court had last week directed the EC to watch the film and submit the report.
The filmmakers had moved the apex court challenging the EC's order delaying its release.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Rides Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 to Promote State Tourism
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- 'Down to Earth': Justin Bieber Fell Off a Unicycle and Internet Had a Great Laugh
- Google Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL to Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Live Stream
- Here's How WhatsApp Dark Mode, Self-Destructing Messages Will Work