Mumbai Police Confirm Aspiring Actress Pearl Punjabi Committed Suicide
Mumbai Police PRO IPS Pranay Ashok said in a video that a complaint has been registered and Oshiwara police station is investigating the case.
Image for representation
The Mumbai police have issued a statement on aspiring actress Pearl Punjabi's suicide case.
According to a video statement by Mumbai Police PRO IPS Pranay Ashok, "On August 30, around 1 a.m. a 31-year-old woman Pearl Ram Punjabi, resident of Kenwood society, Lokhandwala, committed suicide by jumping off the terrace of her apartment. A complaint has been registered and Oshiwara police station is investigating the case."
Earlier in the day, there were reports claiming that the actress was struggling to get a break in Bollywood for some time. Reports also claim that she was mentally disturbed, had temper issues and would often break into fights with her mother. These reports have hurt her family members, who have issued a statement claiming all these to be "false rumours."
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Scientists Just Created Picture of What Our Ancient Ancestor Looked Like Using DNA
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes