Naam Shabana To Release in 37 Foreign Countries
The film is a spin-off based on actress Taapsee Pannu's character Shabana in 'Baby', where she is seen in an action-packed avatar.
Image: A still from Naam Shabana
Mumbai: Naam Shabana, which hit the screens in India on Friday, will be released across 37 countries - including non-traditional markets - on 354 screens worldwide.
"It's rare that Indian films see the light of the day in non-traditional markets. With 'Naam Shabana', we are overwhelmed to have the film releasing across 37 countries. We are glad to have set a benchmark for other female-oriented films with such a wide scale of exposure," Shibasish Sarkar, Chief Operating Officer, Reliance Big Entertainment, said in a statement.
The film is a spin-off based on actress Taapsee Pannu's character Shabana in Baby, where she is seen in an action-packed avatar. The movie showcases her journey of becoming an undercover agent.
In the US, the movie will release in 82 screens; in UAE, it will be shown in 43 screens; followed by 28 screens in Britain and 21 screens in Australia.
Some of the non-traditional markets that it is being released in are Italy, Kygystan, Switzerland, Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic, Maldives, Germany, Belgium and Surinam.
Apart from Taapsee, the Shivam Nair-directorial also stars Akshay Kumar, Anupam Kher, Danny Denzongpa, Manoj Bajpayee and Prithviraj Sukumaran.
Recommended For You
- Roger Federer Makes Best Start to Season, Aiming for Sixth Indian Wells Title
- 'October' Theme Song Released On Public Demand
- Ranveer Singh Talks About Facing The Limelight, His Style Quotient And Padmaavat
- Zuckerberg Goes 007 Mode: Sets up 'Secret Police' to Find Information Leakers in Facebook
- Irani Cup: Rajneesh Gurbani Puts Vidarbha on Brink of Win After Record 800/7