Naomi Harris Says James Bond Producers Shot Down Idea for Moneypenny Spin-off
Appearing on 'Good Morning America' recently, the 43-year-old actor said 'Moonlight' director Barry Jenkins was ready to work on the proposed film on Moneypenny.
Image: Naomi Harris, A still from James Bond 24/Instagram
Actor Naomi Harris says she once pitched a James Bond spin-off idea centering on her character Eve Moneypenny to franchise's producers but they rejected it.
Appearing on "Good Morning America" recently, the 43-year-old actor said her "Moonlight" director Barry Jenkins was ready to work on the proposed film.
"He's wanted to do a badass, kick-ass action thing with Moneypenny, which I'm all for," Harris said.
"I got together with our producer, Barbara Broccoli, and was like 'Let's make this happen.' But she wasn't so down for it. But maybe, one day, who knows. The conversation has started at least, and we're continuing it here, she added.
Harris previously portrayed Moneypenny, the sly private secretary to MI6 leader M, in "Skyfall" (2012) and "Spectre" (2015).
She is reprising the role in upcoming movie "No Time to Die", which will mark actor Daniel Craig's last outing as the famed British spy. The film, directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, will release in April next year.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Amidst Tata Cars Getting 5-Star Safety Ratings, Maruti Suzuki Announces to Skip Global NCAP Test
- WATCH: Passenger Plane Etihad Airbus A380 Lands Sideways in London, Heart-stopping Clip Goes Viral
- The Airtel Xstream Fiber Broadband is Good Enough to Deserve a Complete Review
- Official Olympics, FC Barcelona Twitter Accounts Hacked
- Nike React Infinity Run Review: Without Doubt, Miles Ahead of The Adidas Boost