Nawazuddin, Sonam, Fawad Win Top Honours in Melbourne
The awards night was held at the iconic Melbourne Recital Centre.
Image: Twitter/ Anil Kapoor
Melbourne: Actors like Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Sonam Kapoor and Fawad Khan received top honours at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) 2016 here.
The awards night, held at the iconic Melbourne Recital Centre on Friday, had Parched bagging the award for Best Indie Film while the Shakun Batra's directorial Kapoor & Sons won award for the Best Movie, read a statement.
Nawazuddin and Sonam won the Best Actor and Actress awards for their work in the movie Raman Raghav 2.0 and Neerja respectively.
Fawad from Pakistan won the Diversity Award for his contribution to Indian and Pakistani Cinema.
Veteran Bollywood actor Rishi Kapoor was honoured with the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne Excellence in Cinema Award.
Celebrities like Malaika Arora Khan, Anurag Kashyap, Rishi along with his wife Neetu Kapoor, Rituparna Sengupta and Richa Chadha attended the gala, which will end on August 21.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Davis Cup: AITA Stays Firm as ITF Seeks India's View after Pakistan Appeal Against Change of Venue
- Robert Downey Jr Pays Tribute to Stan Lee While Accepting Male Movie Star Trophy at People's Choice Awards
- Real Bala Akshay Kumar Passes on the Crown to Ayushmann Khurrana, Calls Him Winner
- Tejashwi Yadav Celebrates Birthday in Chartered Plane, Draws Flak on Internet
- WhatsApp Rivals Signal or Telegram Can Also be Hacked And You Should be Worried