Never Expected to Be Treated Like a Star in the West: Priyanka Chopra
The actress said the American media was never mean to her "except a few" and she never felt insignificant on a foreign film set.
Priyanka Chopra at the Baywatch Press conference. Photo by Yogen Shah.
Mumbai: She might have become one of the most successful Indian stars in the West, but actress Priyanka Chopra has said she did not go to Hollywood with the attitude that people will instantly recognise her. The 34-year-old actress said she is fine with giving her introduction to people who do not know her.
"We can't say that if we are stars in India we will be stars everywhere. That's not cool. Every country has different celebrities. So, I never expected that. "I am okay to walk into a room and introduce myself as, 'Hello, I am Priyanka Chopra. I am an Indian actor.' There's nothing small about it, our achievements are quite big," Priyanka told reporters.
The actress said the American media was never mean to her "except a few" and she never felt insignificant on a foreign film set. "I haven't seen them (American press) being that good to any other Indian actor if you think like that. They have been loving, friendly and encouraging of me... "We are one-fifth of the world's population so, our representation in world cinema is legit. It's on us, we have to make sure we are good enough. But I don't feel small when I walk in a foreign set," she said.
Priyanka's maiden Hollywood film Baywatch releases on May 25.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- Ex-Couple Sushant Singh Rajput, Ankita Lokhande's Sweet Exchange on Instagram is Unmissable
- Have You Read What Saif Ali Khan Told Smriti Irani When She Moved to Mumbai 23 Years Ago?
- Meet The Manipur Startup Recreating Tea With Grandma's Secret Recipes Filled With Nostalgia
- Alia Bhatt Gives Hilarious Response to a Fan Who Asked If He Could Call Her 'Alia Kapoor'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s