Nicki Minaj Announces Retirement, Says 'I Want to Have a Family'
It was not clear whether the post is serious, is a plea for attention, or an act of spite toward unspecified haters.
Nicki Minaj. (Image: AP)
Rapper Nicki Minaj has announced that she is retiring and wants to have a family.
Minaj, known for tracks like Anaconda, Only, and Starships, took to Twitter to announce her retirement.
“I’ve decided to retire & have my family. I know you guys are happy now. To my fans, keep reppin me, do it till da death of me, [X] in the box- cuz ain’t nobody checkin me. Love you for LIFE,” her tweet read, closing with emojis.
It was not clear whether the post is serious, is a plea for attention, or an act of spite toward unspecified haters, reports variety.com.
As for the family aspect, last month, Minaj said on her radio show that she and boyfriend Kenneth Petty will be married “in 80 days”.
Minaj got into a widely reported altercation with Cardi B during New York Fashion Week last fall that saw the younger rapper trying to physically attack Minaj. She later called the incident “mortifying and humiliating”.
However, Minaj has been active with guest appearances in recent months, most recently appearing in Megan Thee Stallion’s “Hot Girl Summer” clip, which dropped on Tuesday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'You Make Me So Proud', Says Ranveer Singh to Deepika Padukone After Crystal Awards
- 'I'm Sorry': American Singer Pauses, Apologises, and Dies on Stage at a Music Festival
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana Blames Shehnaz Gill For Her Break Up
- 'We Got You': Canadians Raise Funds to Buy Gear for Hockey-Loving Syrian Refugee Boy
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona