No Controversy or Politics in Rahul Dholakia's New Script
After Raees, which was banned in Pakistan due to its "objectionable content" of showing Muslims in a negative light, director Rahul Dholakia says he has registered a new script devoid of controversial, political and communal elements.
A file photo.
New Delhi: After Raees, which was banned in Pakistan due to its "objectionable content" of showing Muslims in a negative light, director Rahul Dholakia says he has registered a new script devoid of controversial, political and communal elements.
"Concept registered. Now to write the new script. No controversy. No politics. No communal shit. Thrilling," Dholakia tweeted on Monday.
Prodded about more details of the new project at hand, Dholakia told IANS: "Not at the moment -- too early -- but it's in development -- exciting."
He said it's a yet untitled project.
The writer-director has also been working on this script eagerly.
"Normally it's a writer's block; this time it's the writer's itch," he tweeted on Saturday.
His last directorial Raees, featuring Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Pakistani actress Mahira Khan, is about a Muslim bootlegger in Gujarat. He had co-written the movie with three journalists. The film was mired in controversies, but opened to a good reception at the box office.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Reveals That He Takes Time Management Tips From Deepika Padukone
- Woman Footballer's Hijab Came Off During a Match. Watch How Opponents Helped Her
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it