Once Upon a Time in Hollywood to be Reissued with New Scenes
The new running time will push Tarantino’s 1969 Los Angeles fable to nearly three hours.
Leonardo DiCaprio in Quentin Tarantino's "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood." It will premiere in competition at the upcoming French festival, adding one of the summer’s starriest, most anticipated films to Cannes’ red carpet. (Image: Sony-Columbia Pictures/AP)
Quentin Tarantino’s “Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood” is heading back into theaters with 10 minutes of added scenes.
Sony Pictures said Wednesday that the longer “Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood” will play in more than 1,000 theaters in the U.S. and Canada beginning Friday. The new running time will push Tarantino’s 1969 Los Angeles fable to nearly three hours.
“Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood” has been one of the most successful original films of the year. The movie was made for $90 million. It has grossed $139.8 million domestically and $366.8 million worldwide.
The film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt is expected to be a major Oscar contender.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Hong Kong Open: PV Sindhu, Parupalli Kashyap Crash Out in Second Round
- Tired of Toxic Sanitary Napkins, Coimbatore Teen is Making Her Own Eco-Friendly Cotton Pads
- Apple MacBook Pro 16-inch Launched With a New Keyboard, Price Starts at Rs 1,99,900
- IAF Rafale Fighter Jet: What Makes Dassault-Made Plane So Important for India
- Move Over Chrome, Brave May Just be The Coolest Privacy Focused Browser You Need