Oscar Winner Colin Firth and Wife Livia Giuggioli Split After 22 Years
Firth, who won the best actor Oscar and a Golden Globe in 2011 for his portrayal of stuttering British monarch King George VI in 'The King’s Speech', also has a son with former partner Meg Tilly.
Colin Firth and ex-wife
Oscar-winning British actor Colin Firth has split from his Italian film producer wife Livia Giuggioli after 22 years of marriage.
Their publicists said in a statement that the couple “maintain a close friendship and remain united in their love for their children.”
The pair, who lived together in London and Rome, have two sons, Luca and Matteo, who were both born in Rome.
A joint statement from their publicists confirmed the news Friday and said they would not comment further.
Firth, who won the best actor Oscar and a Golden Globe in 2011 for his portrayal of stuttering British monarch King George VI in “The King’s Speech,” also has a son with former partner Meg Tilly.
Giuggioli is an environmental activist and co-founder and creative director of Eco-Age, a sustainable consultancy firm.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Sara Ali Khan Greets Salman Khan with Aadaab and Internet is Loving it
- Amazon is Now Selling Pro and Anti-CAA T-Shirts With a Not-So-Subtle Message
- Thailand Masters: Indian Campaign Over on Day 1 as Saina, Srikanth, Sameer and Prannoy Lose in Round 1
- A Lucky Couple Can Live For Free On This Peaceful Island, But There Will be No Wi-Fi
- This is The End of The Road For Vodafone m-Pesa as a Payments App