Oscars 2017: Academy Issues Apology Over Best Picture Goof Up
They cleared that it was not Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway's fault as they had been "mistakenly" given the wrong category envelope, adding the matter is being investigated.
Los Angeles: Academy has issued a statement from PricewaterhouseCoopers, the ballot tabultaors, for embarrassing mix-up during the best picture announcement.
They cleared that it was not Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway's fault as they had been "mistakenly" given the wrong
category envelope, adding the matter is being investigated.
"We sincerely apologize to Moonlight, La La Land, Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Oscar viewers for the error
that was made during the award announcement for Best Picture. The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected.
"We are currently investigating how this could have happened, and deeply regret that this occurred. We appreciate the grace with which the nominees, the Academy, ABC, and Jimmy Kimmel handled the situation," the statement, issued by the Academy read.
Recommended For You
- Trump Slams 'Media Coverage' by Saturday Night Live, Gets Schooled by Chrissy Teigen and Twitter
- Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Elisa Gray: Meet Her in 10 Photos
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Review: Doffing The Hat to McLaren Inspiration
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s