Oscars 2017: Academy Issues Apology Over Best Picture Goof Up
They cleared that it was not Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway's fault as they had been "mistakenly" given the wrong category envelope, adding the matter is being investigated.
Los Angeles: Academy has issued a statement from PricewaterhouseCoopers, the ballot tabultaors, for embarrassing mix-up during the best picture announcement.
They cleared that it was not Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway's fault as they had been "mistakenly" given the wrong
category envelope, adding the matter is being investigated.
"We sincerely apologize to Moonlight, La La Land, Warren Beatty, Faye Dunaway, and Oscar viewers for the error
that was made during the award announcement for Best Picture. The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected.
"We are currently investigating how this could have happened, and deeply regret that this occurred. We appreciate the grace with which the nominees, the Academy, ABC, and Jimmy Kimmel handled the situation," the statement, issued by the Academy read.
Recommended For You
- The Campaign Circus: The Good, Bad And Ugly of Election 2019
- Salman Khan Shares a Throwback Pic With Malaal Actress, Fans Spot Aishwarya Rai in Background
- Video of Differently Abled Zomato Delivery Guy Goes Viral, Twitter Calls Him a 'True Inspiration'
- Brienne 'Journaling' Jamie's Story in 'Game of Thrones' Has Turned into a Hilarious Meme
- 7 Dassault Rafale Fighter Jets Make Emergency Landing in Indonesia
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results