Oscars 2017: Lion Actor Sunny Pawar Makes His Big Academy Debut
The 8-year-old actor is wearing a black tuxedo with casual sneakers at the 89th Academy Awards red carpet.
Image Credits: AP
After winning the hearts of critics and audience alike, Lion actor Sunny Pawar has arrived for his big night. The 8-year-old actor is wearing a black tuxedo with casual sneakers at the 89th Academy Awards red carpet.
Although smartly dressed, it's his charismatic smile that's stealing the limelight at the red carpet.
The little Saroo from Lion won everybody's heart at the Golden Globe Awards 2017 when he made a grand entry on stage with his co-actor in the film Dev Patel. In Oscars, Sunny made his red carpet appearance alone, as Dev is expected to join the guests later.
Lion has received massive appreciation from the Academy with Dev Patel being nominated in Best Supporting Actor category and Nicole Kidman up for Best Supporting Actress. The film has also been nominated for Best Film and Best Adaptive Screenplay.
Directed by Australian director Garth Davis, Lion is based on the real life of Saroo Brierley and his journey back home after getting adopted by an Australian couple. Little boy wonder Sunny Pawar's act was appreciated by all in the industry and therefore, all eyes are on him as he made his big Oscars debut.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Brexit Will Boost South African Cricket: Faf du Plessis
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy