Padmavati Row: Richa Chadha Backs Bhansali, Says A Film Can't Ruin Our Culture
The actress, who was present here on Wednesday at the song launch of her upcoming film Fukrey Returns, told media that she doesn't think our culture and religion is so fragile that a film of two hours can ruin that.
Image: Hardly Anonymous Communications
Mumbai: Actress Richa Chadda backed Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming Padmavati, saying "our culture is not so fragile that a film can ruin it".
The actress, who was present here on Wednesday at the song launch of her upcoming film Fukrey Returns, told media: "I do not think our culture and religion is so fragile that a film of two hours can ruin that.
"On the other hand, we are living in a democratic country where we have an appointed board that certifies our film, I see no reason for commenting on a film without watching it," said Richa, who has acted in Bhansali's "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela".
The cast and musicians of "Fukrey Returns", including Pulkit Samrat, Varun Sharma, Ali Fazal, Manjot Singh, Siddharth Mahadevan, Gulraj Singh, lyricist Kumaar along with producer Ritesh Sidhwani, were present at the event.
Fukrey Returns is set to release on December 15.
Catch the biggest newsmakers and the biggest newsbreaks on CNN-News18, the only news destination. Keep watching CNN-News18 at just 50 paise per month. Contact your cable/DTH operator now!
*Rental/capacity fee of Rs. 130/- as charged by cable/DTH operator may apply. **GST extra.
Recommended For You
- France Fines Google €50 Million For Violating Data Privacy Rules As Defined by The GDPR
- Good News: Akshay Kumar-Kareena Kapoor Film Gets a New Release Date, Check Out
- Spider-Man Tom Holland Accidentally Uploads Entire Avengers: Endgame on Twitter? Deets Inside
- TRAI’s New Rules For Cable & DTH: Everything You Need to Know Ahead of the Feb 1 Deadline
- India & Kohli Consolidate Test Rankings, Pujara Moves to Third
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results