Padmavati Row: Shivraj Singh Chouhan Stands by His Statement Despite SC Advice
Speaking to media on completion of his 12 years in office in Bhopal Chouhan said that a movie based on the lives of historical characters should have taken care of public sentiments and their faith.
File photo of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan. (Image: PTI)
Undeterred by Supreme Court rap in which the Apex court cautioned politicians against speaking against movie Padmavati, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Wednesday stood his ground on the movie.
Speaking to media on completion of his 12 years in office in Bhopal, Chouhan said that a movie based on the lives of historical characters should have taken care of public sentiments and their faith.
Chouhan said this while responding to the media query on SC rap to politicians on Padmavati row.
CM Shivraj on Nov 20 had announced to ban Padmavati in the state over 'tampering of history'. A social worker from Gwalior has already sent a legal notice to CM Chouhan terming the ban 'illegal'.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shraddha Kapoor Shares Adorable Throwback Picture of Parents on Their Wedding Anniversary
- Bigg Boss 13: Vishal Aditya Singh, Shehnaaz Gill to Play Characters from Devdas
- Anurag Kashyap on Citizenship Amendment Bill: We have Voted for it, We Should Keep Getting it
- Akshay Kumar Pleases Twinkle Khanna by Gifting Her Pair of ‘Onion Earrings’ from Kapil Sharma Show
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game