Pakistan's UN Envoy Deletes Tweet Praising Mahershala Ali's Oscar Win
Pakistan's envoy to the United Nations Maleeha Lodhi came under fire back home for congratulating Mahershala Ali, who became the first Muslim to won the best-supporting-actor Oscar.
Permanent representative of Pakistan in United Nations Maleeha Lodhi (Image: Twitter)
Islamabad: Pakistan's envoy to the United Nations Maleeha Lodhi came under fire back home for congratulating Mahershala Ali, who became the first Muslim to win the best supporting actor Oscar.
Maleeha faces the backlash for promoting Ali, an Ahmadi, who are considered non-Muslims in Pakistan.
She later deleted her tweet as a response to all the criticism.
Article 260-3 of Pakistan's Constitution declares Ahmadis "non-Muslims".
Ali played the role of a drug dealer Juan in oscar winning "Moonlight", who takes care of Chiron as he struggles to find his place in the world while growing up in Miami.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma, Ginni Chatrath Grand Reception: Watch Daler Mehendi Making Celebs Burn the Dance Floor
- #TheFWord: We Need to Get Over Chandni Chowk, and Dine on Delhi's Actual Culinary Treasures
- Neha Kakkar Shares Emotional Posts After Break-up with Himansh Kohli, Says I Gave Away Everything
- Why Does Aquaman Need Bodyguards? Twitter Has a Laugh After Digging up Old Photo of Jason Momoa
- Bigg Boss 12: Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan Spread Joy in Chaotic Weekend Ka Vaar
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s