Panipat: Arjun Kapoor, Kriti Sanon, Sanjay Dutt to Star in Ashutosh Gowariker's Period Drama
The film is based on the third battle Panipat and Gowariker will be working with Arjun and Kriti for the first time while having worked with Sanjay in Naam (1986).
Image: Twitter/Arjun Kapoor
Proud to bring the valour of the Maratha warriors to the big screen! Here’s the first Teaser Poster of #Panipat @agpplofficial #sunitagowariker @AshGowariker @visionworldfilm #rohitshelatkar@kritisanon @duttsanjay #PanipatTeaserPoster pic.twitter.com/U8Sa5SsOsb— Arjun Kapoor (@arjunk26) March 14, 2018
Historical dramas have always fascinated me.— Ashutosh Gowariker (@AshGowariker) March 14, 2018
This time it is a story about what led to the Third Battle of #Panipat.
Here’s the first Teaser Poster!!@agpplofficial #sunitagowariker @visionworldfilm @rohitshelatkar @duttsanjay @arjunk26 @kritisanon #PanipatTeaserPoster pic.twitter.com/QfEYxJ0jRZ
The film is based on the third battle Panipat and Gowariker will be working with Arjun and Kriti for the first time while having worked with Sanjay in Naam (1986). In history, there have been three battles of Panipat each leading to a significant change in Indian history, from dynasty to dynasty.
The third war of Panipat was fought between the Afghani invaders Ahmed Shah Abdali and the patron of the Mughal emperor Shah Alam II and the Marathas. In this fight, Maratha Senapati Sadashivrao Bhave was defeated by the Afghan commander, Abdali, in the battle crusades.
Panipat is expected to release on December 6, 2019.
Recommended For You
- Avengers Endgame: Here's Why Don Cheadle Refuses to Do Press Conference With Mark Ruffalo
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Win Hearts as They Twin in Melbourne, See Pics
- Secret to Male Sexual Stamina is Veggies? PETA's New Ad on 'Toxic Masculinity' is a Total Facepalm
- Volkswagen Says Cars Compliant With India Emission Norms but Will Pay NGT-Slapped 100 Crore Penalty
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s