Pankaj Tripathi: Promoting Hindi Language is My Duty
While shooting for Shakeela biopic, the director Indrajit Lankesh insisted Pankaj Tripathi to speak in Hindi with him so that his Hindi could improve, said the actor.
Pankaj Tripathi. (Image: News18)
Mumbai: The critically acclaimed actor Pankaj Tripathi says he is a Hindi cinema actor so, promoting Hindi language is his duty.
"Being a responsible citizen of India and coming from a Hindi medium school, I believe it's my responsibility and duty to teach and correct Hindi. While shooting for Shakeela biopic, my director Indrajit Lankesh used to tell me to speak in Hindi with him so that his Hindi could improve," Pankaj said in a statement.
"Generally, I don't use common Hindi words while communicating. I use a bit difficult Hindi words on set. Crew members often used to ask me the meaning of those Hindi words. They were excited to learn meaning of new Hindi words. It wasn't difficult communicating with Bengaluru crew members on sets of Shakeela biopic. I am a Hindi cinema actor, promoting Hindi language is my duty," he added.
The film is based on south Indian glamour actress Shakeela.
Follow @news18movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan and Sara Ali Khan's Love Aaj Kal Slips at Box Office on Day 2, Earns Rs 20.41 cr
- World SnowShoe Championship: Kashmiri Athletes Create History as They Bag 3 Medals
- Bigg Boss 13 Runner-up Asim Riaz Shares How Himanshi Khurana is Special to Him
- Official Olympics, FC Barcelona Twitter Accounts Hacked
- Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra India Price Announced: Here Are All The Details