Pankaj Tripathi: Promoting Hindi Language is My Duty
While shooting for Shakeela biopic, the director Indrajit Lankesh insisted Pankaj Tripathi to speak in Hindi with him so that his Hindi could improve, said the actor.
Pankaj Tripathi. (Image: News18)
Mumbai: The critically acclaimed actor Pankaj Tripathi says he is a Hindi cinema actor so, promoting Hindi language is his duty.
"Being a responsible citizen of India and coming from a Hindi medium school, I believe it's my responsibility and duty to teach and correct Hindi. While shooting for Shakeela biopic, my director Indrajit Lankesh used to tell me to speak in Hindi with him so that his Hindi could improve," Pankaj said in a statement.
"Generally, I don't use common Hindi words while communicating. I use a bit difficult Hindi words on set. Crew members often used to ask me the meaning of those Hindi words. They were excited to learn meaning of new Hindi words. It wasn't difficult communicating with Bengaluru crew members on sets of Shakeela biopic. I am a Hindi cinema actor, promoting Hindi language is my duty," he added.
The film is based on south Indian glamour actress Shakeela.
Follow @news18movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Do Not Worry, Your Mi TV Will Get Netflix And Amazon Prime Video Apps This Year
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Ever Goal