Paul McCartney Has Stopped Drinking Alcohol Before Performing
The Beatles star Paul McCartney says he has stopped drinking alcohol before performing because he would otherwise forget the words to his songs.
A file photo
London: The Beatles star Paul McCartney says he has stopped drinking alcohol before performing because he would otherwise forget the words to his songs.
After saying no to alcohol, the music legend says he relies on a handful of chocolate raisins and salted cashew nuts to get him into the zone before going on stage, reports express.co.uk.
Asked if he enjoys a drink to calm his nerves prior to gigs, McCartney said: "No. I used to try that, particularly in the early days of Wings when we would tour. But it didn't work. I would just forget the lyrics."
He says his bandmates do have "red wine" before shows.
McCartney added: "I don't eat or drink before I go on because I sort of like to feel light. Then afterwards I can get heavy and have a drink. But before I go on I don't do that. I do have little sort of snacky things in the dressing room that I might just grab like chocolate covered raisins and equal amounts of salted cashews."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Amit Panghal Becomes 1st Indian Man to Reach World Boxing Championships Final
- Taylor Swift Weighs in on Game of Thrones Finale and Daenerys Targaryen's Fate
- Your New Apple iPhone 11 Could Cost As Little as Rs 51,700 With Amazon Preorder Offers
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors