Planning to Cast Mawra Hocane But Dropped the Idea After Uri Attacks: Abhishek Jawkar
Mawra last acted in the film Sanam Teri Kasam.
A still from Sanam Teri Kasam.
Mumbai: Director Abhishek Jawkar says he was planning to cast Pakistani actress Mawra Hocane for for his film "Not a Prostitute" but now he has dropped the plan.
"I will not work with any Pakistani actors in my upcoming film Not a Prostitute or in my future projects also. I was planning to cast Pakistani actress Mawra Hocane as the leading lady of my film Not a Prostitute. But now after the Uri attack and India's surgical attack reply, I strongly feel I should support my country and the soldiers fighting for our nation," Jawkar told IANS.
Mawra last acted in the film Sanam Teri Kasam and was famous for the song Tu Khinch Meri Photo.
Director/Producer Jawkar made his directorial debut with Missing on a Weekend starring actor Pawan Malhotra. Based on the escort industry, Not a Prostitute, to be made under the banner of Red Bulb studios, has also been written by him.
"Casting a lead lady may take a week more and we're planning to go on floors in November," he said.
Not a Prostitute will release in November 2017.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kartik Aaryan Tries to Troll Ananya Panday for Her Pants, She Shuts Him up with Epic Response
- PUBG Mobile 0.16.0 Beta Update: Death Race Mode, TPP to FPP Switch, and More
- Happy Birthday Mark Ruffalo: Bruce Banner's Quotes from MCU That Will Make You Revisit the Movies
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1
- These Four Xiaomi Mi TV Models are Getting Android TV 9.0 Update